Dr Dianne Connell (Doctor of Chinese Medicine)
Dianne practices Traditional Chinese Medicine which may involve acupuncture, cupping, moxibustion, electro-acupuncture, laser acupuncture, gua sha, plum blossom needling, Tui Na and patent formula Chinese herbs.
Flower essences, pranic healing, aromatherapy, reiki or crystal healing may also be used, as needed, to help bring you to a state of energetic balance and well being.
With a degree in Biomedical Science (Monash)(1973), she is also equipped to understand your condition at the cellular level and to apply this understanding with nutritional and herbal medicine.
As a practitioner of natural medicine (i.e.not a GP) medical diagnoses cannot be made. This means Dianne can’t suggest you have a particular disease or medical condition.
“My role is to delve below the surface and find causes of your condition and to address those causes with nutritional or herbal medicine or acupuncture and energy medicine.”
Magnolia Natural Medicine contains several testing devices to help look below the surface. They are NOT diagnostic although they give information about underlying causal factors.
1. The EDUCTOR is a computerized biofeedback device that can assess your nutritional status, hormones, allergies/intolerances, pathogens, toxicities, and any blocks to healthy flow of energy in the body.
The EDUCTOR device can detect, and treat (by quantum energy frequencies), the underlying causes of illness, encouraging the body to return to balance, harmony and self-healing.
2. IRIDOLOGY can accurately point to underlying genetic and environmental influences and gives information on inherent strengths and weaknesses, toxicities and metabolism of organs and systems, and even emotional states. It does NOT diagnose disease.
3. SCLEROLOGY is the study of the blood vessels and markers in the whites of the eyes and is a valuable guide to potential and current disease factors.
4. CELLULAR HEALTH ANALYSIS monitors fat percentage and muscle mass, biological age, hydration, fluid balance and metabolic risks, and you get a report that tracks your progress with time.
What To Expect at a Consultation
Before your first consultation you will be asked to fill out a comprehensive Health Appraisal Questionnaire and some other intake forms. These can be emailed or posted or you can simply download them from the drop down menu called Appointments on the home page. You are also asked to bring in any relevant medical tests as these are invaluable in both pin-pointing conditions or ruling them out.
One of the forms to fill out is called My Wellness Goals. This is important as it allows me to better know your priorities so we can work closely together to help you achieve your health goals. It also helps you to clarify what you want to achieve.
At the initial consultation, which takes 1.5 hours, Iridology, Sclerology, TCM diagnosis and other tests as seen appropriate, such as the CHA, may be carried out to determine more about your condition.
Then lifestyle and dietary suggestions are offered, to help bring you to a better state of wellness. If acupuncture is appropriate it can be done also.
Supplementation of nutritional medicine and/or herbal medicine may be offered also if they are needed to help resolve your condition effectively.
An EDUCTOR 64 computerized biofeedback consultation takes 2 hours and is generally suggested for complex cases, chronic disease, allergies, auto-immune diseases and for many metabolic issues. For further information see EDUCTOR menu.
Dianne’s Qualification Details
- Bachelor of Bio-Medical Science (Monash) 1973
- Diploma of Education – Secondary Teaching (Rusden) 1974
- Practitioner Diploma Of Acupuncture (Australian College of Acupuncture) 1995
- Certificate of Western Medical Science (Latrobe School of Health Sciences) 1995
- Post Graduate Diploma of Phyto-therapy – Medical Herbalism (Southern Cross Herbal School) 1997
- Post Graduate Certificate in Chinese Herbal Medicine (China Herb)1997
- Certificate in Chinese Herbal Medicine – Patent Formulas (Cathay Herbal)1996
- Post Graduate Certificate in Celloid Mineral Therapy – 1996
- Touch For Health 1,2 and 3 1998
- Integrated Healing – Advanced Kinesiology – 2006
- Certificates in Reiki 1 and 2 -1999
- Advanced Pranic Healing 1999-2000
- Esoteric Acupuncture- up to Advanced Level 2009- 2014
- Cosmetic Acupuncture, Cosmetic Herbal Application and Ruri Face Diagnosis 2012
- Integrated Iridology – Units 1 to 3 (Toni Miller) 1997-1998
- Emotional Iridology – International Institute of Iridology (David Pesek) 1997
- Advanced VLA 2000 and 2010
- Fertility and Chinese Medicine – Jane Lyttleton 2008
- Advanced QXCI, SCIO and INDIGO training – 2000- onging (now called the EDUCTOR 64)
- Member of Australian Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine Association – AACMA since 1995
- Registered acupuncturist with Chinese Medical Registration Board of Victoria since 2005 and with AHPRA since July 2012.